Careers » Associate - Project Manager
Associate - Project Manager
posted on 07-05-2014
Associate - Project Manager
Project Managers provide project management supervision on projects ensuring all services are delivered following the methodology, policies and practices of the firm. They assist and manage budgeting, scheduling, financial reporting, the RFP process, project close-out and other project related issues. Associates operate independently on activities relevant to the project and are expected to seek guidance on decisions outside their specific job duties.
- Establish and maintain project goals and success criteria that meets the client needs. Build rapport with client representatives and ensure the scope of the project is fully understood.
- Develop a detailed project budget based on historical and market data and clearly defined set of budget assumptions and review the budget with client.
- If needed, manage the preparation of a comprehensive site selection/due diligence report incorporating all technical issues including schedule, budget, site access, architectural, MEP, utilities, and facilities operations considerations.
- Act as the primary contact with the client throughout the duration of the project. Guide the client and team through the design implementation process including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documentation and close-out; explain what items need the client’s approval and which items may require additional funds or reduction of original requirement. This must occur with propensity toward project goals.
- Develop the Master Project Schedule and maintain the schedule throughout the project. Report against the Master Schedule and make additions with relevant information as required.
- Prepare the RFP’s needed for vendor and contractor services for the project. Suggest vendors and contractors to be considered for the RFP list with Team Lead input. Develop procedures for distribution, receipt, opening, leveling and award. Incorporate RFP procedures and create leveling sheets. Review CM subcontract RFP and leveling procedures. Ensure that unsuccessful bidders are contacted in writing in a timely fashion after recommendations are accepted by the client
- Facilitate a project kick-off meeting with internal staff to ensure responsibilities are communicated and understood by all concerned. Facilitate or participate in kick-off meeting with client representatives, vendors, contractors and internal Integrity Consulting Group staff to establish strong working relationships.
- Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path; ensure that milestones are being met on time; obstacles or issues are identified and brought to the designated team member to ensure project goals are achieved. Work closely with Team Lead to determine next steps to overcome obstacles and issues.
- Identify long lead items and recommend a purchasing strategy to the Team Lead. Review purchasing bids and provide other related advice as needed.
- Oversee vendor and project team members work to ensure compliance with contract and client expectations. Proactively identify obstacles or issues and take steps to resolve in a timely manner. Implement and adhere to communication protocols for each of the vendors and other members of the project team.
- Posses an understanding of the Integrity Consulting Group’s invoice procedures. Meet with the client to manage the implementation of a project specific invoicing procedure with respect to the individual project constraints and the payment cycle of the client. Review all vendor and contractor invoices prior to submission to the client focusing on impact to cash flow and work in progress. Review invoices for conformity to the contract and percentage of completion.
- Assist Team Lead in identifying and addressing areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.).
- Utilize templates for all financial project documentation and quality. Prepare the monthly status reports and executive summaries and review such reports with the client as needed.
- Prepare a detailed monthly Anticipated Cost Report comparing indicated cost against approved budget for each line item. Indicated costs include approved base contracts, project changes, and potential exposure for anticipated project changes.
- Implement change order procedures. Ensure vendors and contractors do not make modifications to project work without proper change order authorization. Review all change orders with Team Lead before presentation to the client.
- Participate in regular project review meetings following specific agendas and protocols. Prepare and distribute to attendees accurate meeting minutes within 48 hours of the meeting.
- Manage Project Team members with respect to status of action items and completion of action Items.
- Identify and define roles and deliverables for each Project Team member’s project close-out requirements. Ensure all paperwork and other documentation is finalized, complete and accurately filed.
- Submit accurate expense reports to a Partner on a monthly basis.
College degree is preferred along with 2-3 years of experience in a construction related field such as project management, architecture, construction management, engineering, etc. Skills include strong project management, as well as strength in organization, knowledge of typical office software such as MS Office.
Project Managers impact the reputation and public image of Integrity Consulting Group’s business through interactions with clients and industry representatives. Project Managers are expected to work with senior personnel to develop leadership qualities. Associates always deliver on commitments and operate with integrity. They must build trust and credibility by delivering outstanding results.
Project Managers interact effectively and professionally with other employees on the team, client representatives and vendors. They are expected to produce accurate documentation of project activities.
Support the Leadership in achieving business development goals by preparing information required to help with the expansion of existing relationships or the pursuit of other new business. Help identify new leads through personal contacts.
Integrity Consulting Group’s (ICG) partners have been industry leaders in the field of Strategic Real Estate Project Management providing invaluable service to our clients for projects totaling over 25 million square feet of space. Our clients continually convey their trust and confidence in us – many who return repeatedly and refer us to their business colleagues. Each individual assignment we undertake is as unique and complex as your organization but our approach is consistent – apply unparalleled experience to deliver unequalled value through diligent protection of our clients’ interests.
Apply for this Position
Return to ICG Careers